It’s a good time to start up.
- Business accelerator program
- Coworking space
- Legal and intellectual property services
- Business advice and mentorship
- Mastermind Program
Accelerator & Microgrant Program
- Microgrants awarded annually
- Free coworking space in downtown Allentown
- Access to PSU Legal and Intellectual Property Services
- Ongoing education and programming
- Business development resources
- A safety net of advisors
Application for Penn State Lehigh Valley LaunchBox 2020 Virtual StartUp Bootcamp
Join us for our 2020 Lehigh Valley LaunchBox (LVLB) Virtual StartUp Bootcamp and we’ll help you build an actionable business plan.
The LVLB Bootcamp will run for six weeks with the optional seventh week reserved for individual practice pitch coaching sessions. Program starts on Wednesday, August 26th. All classes will run from 6:00-8:00pm. Classes will be virtual and hosted using the Zoom platform and will include instruction as well as workshops/breakout sessions.
Participants are encouraged to attend all 6 classes and will be required to attend a minimum of 4. Participation in this Bootcamp is by application only. Applications must be received by August 10th. Accepted applicants will be notified by August 17, 2020. No affiliation with Penn State University is required. Applications are welcomed from any Pennsylvania-based entrepreneur. There is no fee to attend this program. Participants will be encouraged to apply for PSU-LV LaunchBox grants which will be awarded during the StartUp LV competition on November 4th, 2020.
For Bootcamp application please contact Janel Hanna @ Janelhanna@psu.edu
Participants will also have access to:
- 1:1 coaching support
- Free access to legal support
- Access to extensive network of advisors
- Participation in future Mastermind programs
- Free co-working space
Lehigh Valley LaunchBox microgrant recipients have access to coworking space at Velocity in downtown Allentown.
Find an inviting space to work or book a conference room or training room. You will also find 24-7 access to the building, wi-fi, a kitchenette, and a lounge.
Penn State Law Entrepreneur Assistance Clinic
Provides a variety of free legal services related to startups.
Penn State Law Intellectual Property Clinic
Provides entrepreneurs free assistance to determine if they have intellectual property and how to protect it.
Dickinson Law’s “Inside Entrepreneurship Law” Blog
INSIDE ENTREPRENEURSHIP LAW blog provides information on relevant topics for entrepreneurs and their counsel.
Lehigh Valley LaunchBox Ladies Speaker Series
Teen Entrepreneur Challenge
Our Teen Entrepreneur Challenge (TEC) empowers rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors to be successful business owners.
- Learn key strategies for starting a business and developing an entrepreneurial spirit
- Programming at Penn State Lehigh Valley and the Perkiomen School, with field trips to area businesses for real-world experiences
- Housing at the Perkiomen School in air-conditioned dorms and use of the Innovation Center for 3D virtual reality, additive manufacturing, computer design, and rapid prototyping
- Camp culminates in a “Shark Tank” style team pitch competition to a panel of judges
- Receive a 50 percent discount on transferable college credits for camp participation through the optional dual-enrollment program (not offered for 2020 virtual program)
The Council for Retail and Sales
Meet the Experts Speaker Series
news & events
‘LaunchBox Ladies’: Female entrepreneurs to share personal journeys June 6
June 5, 2019
Penn State Lehigh Valley announces 2019 Teen Entrepreneur Challenge
June 5, 2019
Meet the Experts event focuses on the changing landscape of the food industry
June 12, 2019
Tools for Entrepreneurs, Innovators, and Industry
Our Navigators are built with you in mind. See what Penn State has to offer.
The Resource Navigator showcases entrepreneurship and innovation resources in Penn State University communities across Pennsylvania.
The Intellectual Property Navigator is a showcase of Penn State University’s intellectual property available for licensing.
The Startup Navigator is a showcase of startups with Penn State DNA.